new cycle

cnegotiator

this will be my 5th cycle, bulking. eating above maitence. running will be 3 times a week or so, sprints and jogs mixed with a bike once in awhile.

squats
leg press
calves
stiff leg dead lift
flat bench
incline bench
mil press
rows
abs
chins
dips
*all one set, going easy on squats and deadlift because i have a bad back and trying to rehab it.

on tues and fridays i will add...
bb bi curls
skull crushers
shoulder raises
kick outs for tris
bi cep curl variation
and subtract rows

*all also one set also.

suggestions? at this point im trying to tweak myself. last cycle i did hst 3 days a week and isos 3 days a week with more volume (2 or 3 sets), now i want to try increasing frequency. I saw good gains with the 3 day hst, 3 day iso, but i think i can do better.

thank you in advance for suggestions

no opinions? my last cycles were 6 days a week, 3 iso 3 hst.

is this a good idea? i see a lot of waiting for a set amount of hours before lifting

cneg

Too much stuff IMO.

Unless of course you are alternating into a A/B setup.

Badback and you want to attempt squats and deads on same day + SLDL? This is a setup for failure if you don't modify.

You should re-visit....serious, simplify and WIN!

for iso's leave just these two:

bb bi curls / skull crushers...it will give you much more space for the cardio work!

<div>
(Fausto @ Sep. 11 2006,01:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">serious, simplify and WIN!</div>
Seriously the best advice anyone give anyone, ever. Especially in this situation. If people would just keep it simple they'd save themselves so much headache, and still get good results.

Good call Fausto

ok i'll drop all the isos but bb curls and crushers, but my past cycles with results i have been responding well to the amount of exercises for the hst days.

Just maybe kick rows off since im doing chins?

What about the 6 days a week, should i go back to 3 days a week with 3 day iso like the past cycle (i think it was you fauso and colby that suggested that and i really liked it)?

Are there big benefits to increasing to 6 days a week? Or would i be better off 3 hst, 3 light iso and cardio?

Thanks

If that's what you've been doing, then decreasing volume may negatively effect you, 3 day heavy compounds, 3 day isos and cardio seems pretty good and the rule is if it ain't broke don't fix it. I wouldn't think any more than 2 sets would be necessary per body part for such high volume/frequency. So as fausto suggests just do bicep curls and tricep extension (or skullcrushers which is such a great name for an exercise) 1 or 2 sets if you can handle it, and save your arms to assist in your heavy lifts.

Trying to go heavy compounds 6 days a week will burn you out fast, unless you on the juice.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just maybe kick rows off since im doing chins?</div>

Nope, alternate the two or like me do 2 sets chins + One set rows, my back seems to like that.

Damn chins are always a pain specially now that I am trying 30 reps right through! When I think of 5 x 6 squats I start sweating
laugh.gif

Peak is right, keep the 3 comp+ 3 isos mix, it works, I am currently doing 3 comps + 2 isos and Tabata, feels right.

Back