New Idea for workout...

p0fell0w

I recently tried working out max stim style in my last workout and it worked great, but it was a pain to rack weights for every exercise i did.  My idea is for me to take some ideas from max stim and mold them into hst.

So i'm going to my weights i figured out for my RM for Max stim and not SD and just use max stim for bench press, BB curls, and chin ups.  THen i'll use hst for everything else.  It will be in 2 week blocks 10s and 5s, so i'll just use 100% and 110% exactly max stim training and go up in weight on my exercises that aint max stim.

exercises:
Leg Press
Deadlifts
BB Row
Bench Press  Max Stim Style
Chin Ups  Max Stim Style
Seated DB Press
BB Curls Max Stim Style
BB Shrugs

I'm going to try this for a month and i'll post my results and my maxes

Yes, there's no reason you can't mix in some Max-Stim along with regular HST. I wouldn't be able to go quite as heavy with regular HST as with Max-Stim unless doing negatives or else clustering. It sounds like you realize that and are going to adjust the weights according to whether it's regular sets or Max-Stim, so that should work.

I don't do leg press; I'd imagine MS suitability depends on the machine. I can see that DB press and BB shrugs might be more difficult. I do shrugs in a power rack, so it's easy to do them MS style. To me, deadlifts and BB row are tailor made for MS style. It might be a little harder if using straps for the deads. I'm trying to do my rows "JS" or "Pendlay" style, where it's recommended to set the bar down in between reps anyway.

Just my thoughts...whatever works for you. Sounds like a good experiment, I hope it works well for you.

Yeah I was going to ask can you just do HST with max-stim style reps (always 15), but with progessive load using your "15RM", "10RM", and "5RM" weights (even though you won't do 10 reps or 5 reps), then progressing higher until you plateau. Or do you only start max-stim once the weights start getting heavy, in the 2nd week of the 10s?

I've been doing reps max-stim style on a few exercises and it works really well. It looks like the technique can be incorporated into a lot of different workouts.

do you guys think i should do the exercises that i'm doing max stim style 3 times a week or just cut it to monday and friday. If i do it 2 times a week i can progress the weights 80%monday/90%friday/100%monday/110%friday

More important than using MS, stop using the leg press and start squatting. Alternate olympic squats with deadlifts.

<div>
(p0fell0w @ Sep. 26 2006,18:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I recently tried working out max stim style in my last workout and it worked great, but it was a pain to rack weights for every exercise i did.  My idea is for me to take some ideas from max stim and mold them into hst.

So i'm going to my weights i figured out for my RM for Max stim and not SD and just use max stim for bench press, BB curls, and chin ups.  THen i'll use hst for everything else.  It will be in 2 week blocks 10s and 5s, so i'll just use 100% and 110% exactly max stim training and go up in weight on my exercises that aint max stim.

exercises:
Leg Press
Deadlifts
BB Row
Bench Press  Max Stim Style
Chin Ups  Max Stim Style
Seated DB Press
BB Curls Max Stim Style
BB Shrugs

I'm going to try this for a month and i'll post my results and my maxes</div>
i dont know if i wasnt feeling good or i'm getting burnt out from working out, so i feel like changing this around

Deadlift - Max stim style
BB Rows
Chin Ups
BB Bench Press - Max Stim Style
Seated Dumbell Press
BB Curl - Max Stim Style
Push Downs
BB Shrugs

Back