New pic is up after cutting cycle

Good work, seems to be a difference already, did I notice the forming of a 4 pack ?

Keep it up
thumbs-up.gif

Yep, starting to see something there. How tall are you again? I don't remember. Have you done any ab work in the past? It seems like they should be showing through a bit more by now. Anyway, keep at it. Your definition is definitely getting a lot better. But next time you do a bulk, I would suggest include some sort of weighted ab exercise in your HST routine.

Hi Joe! :)

With that result so far, your quest for abs seems almost academic - you are almost 99.99% sure you'll get them soon enough, as long as you continue your cutting cycle and great diet. :D

I'm not sure if I saw your pic right, or perhaps it's just the lighting (hehehe, I'm no bodybuilding judge, that's for sure), but, just my opinion, based from what I saw (and again, I might have looked at it wrong coz I'm no bodybuilding judge), I think your lower pec development is great, but their leaving your upper pecs behind. Perhaps as soon as you get the abs you want (or perhaps also while working at them if that can be managed), you can focus on the upper pecs some more; I believe your overall pec size is large enough already, and all you need is a little more upper pec size to make you look even bigger.

Of course, I could have looked at it wrong... so if nobody else comments on that, you can bet your bottom dollar I was mistaken and just plain old dead wrong, and you can just happily forget everything I mentioned about your upper pecs :D

Regards! :)
- JV

Thanks guys as usual I always post to get the best advice I can b/c I respect this forum so much for the broad knowledge. That being said I always post the same thread over at Menshealth just to get some more critiques and as usual my brothers in arms here at HST are very supportive and helpful in knowledge and as usual I get slammed over at menshealth...lol...it happens every time...lol.

That being said my diet has been eating plenty of chicken breast, and lean hamburger with some steak and turkey. I eat one of those meats every day 2 or 3 times daily. I through in some small amounts of carbs and I try to eat some type of protein right before and after training. My daily calories has been around 1800 latley. Training is staying the same with just regular HST-however I am doing something different for the next month. I am going to up my volume and frequency a bit. I am going to increase my sets just a little bit its going to look similiar to OLD and Greys routine except my volume will be a little higher and frequency will be more like 5 days a week instead of his 6 day a week routine. I do think that the volume I am going to be using for the next month is not a good routine for the long haul- but with my being expierenced lifter of 10 years I think I can handle the load for a month without getting to close to overtraining....plus I am going on a beach vacation with friends in one month so I am trying to come in as lean and cutt as can. So I figured it would be fun just to play with higher volume for 30 days. That being said thanks guys for the compliments and I will work on the upper chest area. Thanks again and keep the advice coming!

Oh yeah and one more thing I dont understand why I dont have better abs? I have been training them with 5 sets Of weight crunches 3 days week with HST for the past year?

I still dont have them that good? Go figure?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joe.Muscle @ July 23 2005,10:47)]Oh yeah and one more thing I dont understand why I dont have better abs? I have been training them with 5 sets Of weight crunches 3 days week with HST for the past year?
I still dont have them that good? Go figure?
I personally think your abs will come in nicely within the next 2-3 weeks.

I was just wondering about your ab work because you don't really look like you have enough fat to conceal your abs anymore, but I'm not a great judge of bodyfat % anyway. They are definitely starting to show through though compared to your past pictures. I agree with Onemorerep, they should start showing through a lot better in a few weeks.

As for the guys at menshealth - I wouldn't worry about them. Most of them are overcritical even though you probably look better than they do.

I'm sure your abs will definitely start to get that great, muscular chiseled look once you drop even more bodyfat and I bet you can do that in a month--your diet sounds excellent, you even get good protein before/after training like Bryan recommends.
But just in case your abs don't come in "perfectly," it might not be your HST ab training that is preventing this ideal look. I know I've read from a variety of sources that the abs and calves tend to respond less to hypertrophy training than other parts of the body, hence making them inherently more genetically based. I know there is a scientific explanation for why these muscles respond this way, perhaps someone with greater knowledge on the issue can elucidate? Anyway, good luck with the cutting!

That may be true about abs being like calves, and being hard to grow larger, but I from experience, from when I didn't weight train at all but had very low BF%, had all 6 abs showing perfectly, and they "looked" large.
It could be genetic, or it mostly likely is that you've more fat to cut. I doubt the reason you can't see your abs is because they're "not big enough".

Yeah i think you'll see them if you keep up with the cutting. They're almost there!

Lighting makes a difference too.

As always thanks guys...your advice is helps a lot. I will post one more pic a month from now. I am hoping to drop 1 to 2 pounds a week at most for the next 4 weeks putting me about 177 or so...it will be interesting to see.

Thanks again!
worship.gif

Yeah bosox I am flexing, I think the lighting is not that good b/c under some lights they look a lot better. Dont get me wrong there still just a four pack, but they do look better.

Then again my genetic makeup might just be that I will only have a four pack? Dont know I am going to keep cutting and see.

Thanks for your compliment, it helps alot especially when you are watching what you eat 100% of the time cutting..it keep me motivated. Thanks again for all the compliments guys! :D

Back