new to hst

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_drlc31
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_drlc31

Hi,
I am new to the whole hst training and was wondering if anyone could help me create a good routine to start out with. I am also wondering if am trying to cut up and lose bf is this a good program to try?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (drlc31 @ June 01 2005,2:20)]Hi,
I am new to the whole hst training and was wondering if anyone could help me create a good routine to start out with.  I am also wondering if am trying to cut up and lose bf is this a good program to try?
I'll address your second question first because I am dislexic. Yes, HST is a good way to preserve muscle mass while trying to cut the fat. Of course sound nutrition is the key ingredient when trying to cut fat, but from the experiences I have heard about here on the forum, HST seems to help preserve or slow muscle loss, even on a hypocaloric diet.

As far as how to set up your routine, when I first started HST so many years ago I used the basic template to get started just so I could be sure I was doing things right. After a few cycles using the basic template, I felt I was ready to start experimenting with different exercises, rep variations, etc... So, week one test your rep maxes on the exercises you choose to use from the template. Week two, rest up so your muscles can decondition from testing your maxes. Week three, begin your first cycle. If you want more specific instructions, let us know, but I think everything you need to get started is on the HST information page.

Back