New to the board and HST

smiddy

Hello everyone!

Iam a 'newbie' to this board and HST training! i am a current member on muscletalk forum and have been lifting weights for 4 years now.
After reading the article and information on this website i have decided to give HST a go as everyone is getting really good results from it.

so i was just wanting to know if this workout plan is a good one to start off with.

chest
bench press 2 sets
dips 2 set

back
lat pull downs 2 sets
rows 2 sets

traps
shrugs 1 set

legs
leg press 1 set
leg curl 1 set

shoulders
military press 1 set
lateral raises 1 set
rear delts 1 set

biceps
db curls 2 sets

triceps
pushdowns 2 sets
abs
crunches 2 sets

what do you guys think?

is it a 3day a wk routine.
also is that 2sets for 15s,10s,5s,
instead of leg press and leg curls i would do squats....
some of the more knowledgeble guys will put you straight with anything you need to know.good luck with it.  :D

yeah thoses are 2 sets per day for 15's 10's and 5's
and i can't do squats because my gyms doesn't have that equipment so i can only do leg press and leg curls

Smiddy

Welcome to the forum. :D

For further information about setting up a good program you should dowload the FAQ E-book (just do a search), there is more than enough info in there and valuable too.

To save you same time, what we normally recommend is this:

1 - Set up the number of sets so that you keep the volume more or less constant,taking into account the progression (i.o.w. volume has to drop some wioth the heavy weights) something like this:

1 to 2 for 15's ( makes up 15 or 30)
2 - 3 for 10's (also makes up 20 or 30) drop to 2 for 2nd week (you are preparing for the heavier load and by then getting closer to the 10 rep max)
2 - 3 for 5's only for the 1st week (matter of choice) drop to 1 to 2 for last week and into negatives territory.

Negatives is also a matter of choice, as it requires a good partner (you do only the eccentric part [after the 2nd ot 3rd rep), the firs reps the help is there but you try to push/pull as much as you can and partner only reduces amount slightly.

The alternative is to go over the 5 rep maximum without negatives, by either repeating the weight or adding up slowly (5% or so), it is ok to repeat the whole week (that is 3 w/o's).

Choice of exercises is OK, you can vary once you have done a few cycles and start seeing results then you will want to address areas that are slacking and this goes by feel and its personal.

Hope this helps mate
thumbs-up.gif

Back