newbe questions

Mark Sullivan

re:
• Sets will be limited to 1-2 per exercise. There is no problem with a single set per body part as long as it is a maximum effort and/or the rep tempo and form is strictly controlled or the weight is extremely heavy preventing further sets.

I don't understand the "maximum effort" when that last wo in a block is maximum and therefore the previous 5 wo would be less than maximum. Can someone please explain?

Also, I want to get started on the HST wo. Is there one good book on this or is this web site sufficient to create a hst wo and have full understanding? Any help for this HST newbe will be appreciated. BTW - I've been working out for years.

Thanks

You can do 1-3 sets per exercise. I think what is meant by the statement "maximum effort" is good form, rep tempo (says it there), and slow eccentric (lowering of the weight) movements. Oh, and for your higher rep sets like the 15's and 10's - go slower in the concentric part of the exercise.

There is no book out yet - Bryan is pretty busy.

This website will be more than enough help to you though.

On top of that - this forum is amazing, check out the FAQ's and HST/HSN articles before you ask a few more questions - they will be very helpful.

-Colby

when you have taken 9 or more days sd even in the light weights 15s it will be quite hard ..so one set might be enough but as you have a few years behind you i would start on
2for 15s and 10s and 3 for 5s..dont go to faliure good luck :D

Welcome Mark

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is there one good book on this or is this web site sufficient to create a hst wo and have full understanding? Any help for this HST newbe will be appreciated. BTW - I've been working out for years.

There are a number of E-books that may help you get through your quest for HST knowledge, the website itself has more than enough info to set up a variety of workouts.

Faz is on the right track, for someone who has been working out for a while, it is better to take at least a two week SD, then start up.

If you don't mind trying go for the vanilla HST program recommended in the articles section, else create your own based on your knowledge and goals.

The volume you want is very much up to how much you can take, follow Faz's opinion for now and judge from there.

The pimp my HST e-book and the FAQ e-books are enough info to set up your own and get enough information as to how HST works and its principles.

Maximum effort pertains mostly to sub-failure throughout each 2 week minicycle, except for the last day in which you can go to failure, but read on the FAQ section and you will see the whole reasoning.

Ciao....and happy HSTying
laugh.gif

Back