two sets of ham curls rather than just one. HST is

performed on mon/wed/fri and calves are trained on

tue/thur/sat. Does anyone know whether the increase in

thigh training will lead to overtraining? If anyone has any

ideas on how i can increase my thigh and calf size, please

feel free to provide a suggestion.

Yorkie

Welcome to HST.

Just as a note, I don't think you will benefit form higher volume for legs, If I were you I'd stick to doing the normal volume as recommended:

1 x 15/2 x 10/ 3 x 15

Legs will grow if given a chance, just make sure you do ATG squats and deadlifts for now and lift as heavy as you can, you legs will reward you!

At a later stage and only if your legs do not grow (which I doubt) you can think of adding some extras.

It alwys amazes me that people who have never even tried HST want to start it off by tweeking it...it just does not work.

Go for the vanilla program at least for 2 cycles (that's +/- 20 weeks) and make sure you eat well (500 - 100 calories above BMR).

Or else check out Simplify and Win thread and try one of the roputines there!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your reply fausto. I've just looked at the simplify thread so i'll be making it nice and simple from now on. Just to clarify was it one set per exercise for 15 reps, 2 for 10 reps and 3 for 5 reps? Thanks.

Yes, generally speaking,some guys for more volume like 20 throughout, but that set up is more approachable, if it is too light (15's that is) you can always do 2 sets,most find the 15's pretty hard after SD
biggrin.gif

When you get to the 5's it is enough to do 3 sets (and I've tried this for 6 sets)sometimes you may even have to cluster tham to get all the reps in!

Back