Next hst cycle

jjrock

Was looking for some feedback on my next hst cycle. i just finished my first hst cycle of a Upper/Lower split 6 times per week. It worked great. Currently i am 215lbs and 5' 10. When i started hst i was 200lbs. I was looking for mass and hst delivered. The program i used was:

Upper Lower

Bench Squat
Incline DB Stiff DL
JS rows Leg Ext
Lat Pull Calves
MP Press Abs
Skull Crushers
B.B Curls
Lateral Raises
Rear Delts

I stayed at 2 sets per exercise from the 15's to the 5's. Except for 1 set for Tris, Bi's, and Delt work.

Anyway for my next cycle i was thinking about staying with the Upper/Lower split. I would stick with 2 sets thru-out. My rep range would change to 1 week of 12's, 1 week 10's, 2 weeks 8's, 2 weeks 5's, then 2 more weeks of 5's. I also was thinking about alternating exercises. Like switch between regular bench and decline bench or squat and leg press. For example Monday i would do regular bench. Then on wed do decline bench instead of regular. Then friday back to regular bench. Is there anything i should be aware of if i alternate exercises or is it better to stick with the same exercises like i did previously. Thanks for any input.

Congrats! I also gained 15 in my first cycle.

I wouldn't mess too much with what was such a successful cycle. I would alternate exercises though as you were thinking about. And yes, I am again suggesting alternating squats with deadlifts. I wouldn't do leg presses.

Back