No 15's

Whether doing 2 weeks 15s, 2 of 10s and 2 of 5s or 2 of 10s and 4 of 5s, you'll likely see the same amount of growth (ok maybe not but negligible differences). As long as you're progressing load over the same time period I wouldnt have thought you'd see any difference (depending on your level of conditioning however. And some people respond better to lower reps and some higher so it'll be an individual thing anyway).

If you want to drop the 15s (you don't feel you need them) and want to just string out the 5s with negs or something then go ahead.

Since I had to stop my cycle before the 5's (heart procedure done) I'll be doing one workout of 15's after this weeks' deload just to get back 'in the groove' then going right to the tens then 5 or 6's. As Nee said, it's an individual thing and I'm going mostly low rep this cycle to see how it compares to my growth on the high rep cycle I just did. (15, 11-12, 8-9, and skipped the 5's due to my appointment)

As NeeBone said, if you skip the 15s, be sure to draw out your 5s or negatives to fill in that two week void. Or draw them out even longer than that. Don't skip the 15s every cycle, however, or some day you will wake up with an agonizing pain in one of your joints and you'll wish you had done 15s.

HEY!!! I resemble that remark!
rock.gif

Unless you have no joints or are on AAS you will be wise to do 15s, if not every cycle then at least two or three times a year. That's my take anyway. 15s can be brutally hard so if you don't do them you will never know how good they can be.
smile.gif

Back