O/T Mr. Olympia this weekend

Joe.Muscle

I have a weird feeling that this is the year for Jay cutler. But after seeing some pics of Ronnie Coleman over at BB.com...he is looking dry and ripped.

what do you guys think?

I want Jay to win. I still can't get over how much these guys work out and how much they eat. Jay throws down 50 G's a year just in food.

Ronnie will probably win. He's still one huge guy. It would be cool to see Jay get it though.

If Ronnie comes in shape (which he will), I cant see anyone beating him. What a mass of muscle that guy is. He is the first bodybuilder in history that I look at and think to myself, "that's what a superhero looks like." He's a comic book character. He sold his soul to drugs to get there, but that doesnt mean he's not an impressive sight. I would love to see him in person. I've heard it is awe-inspiring.

I agree with you chiefhog.

That's what trips me out about the media. These guys who argue about steroids and who is using them and who is not.

If you know anything about fitness like the majority of the guys here you can look at a lot of people especially after you have been around the iron for years, and tell quickly who is on the roids. Its funny how some of the pros say they dont juice. The body can get only so big...but you are right it still takes a lot of dedication even on the juice.

I think ronnie will prob come in very good shape considering the IFBB mandate the put out earlier this year. If you looks anything like he did in 2001 when he weight only 245 instead of last years 290 he will kick everyones but. The man has muscle on top of muscles.

at 300 pounds though it can't be healthy for his heart even though he has little fat!

Ronnie Coleman is on steroids?
tounge.gif

Do you guys know if there is a way to watch the show somehow? Either on T.V., pay perview, satelite, or online?

Chiefhog,

I was at the 2003 Olympia and I met Ronnie Coleman and basically all the other guys. Its funny with his clothes on he doesnt really seem that big. That goes for most of the other guys as well, except Marcus Ruhl dang he was a monster. I was in an elevater with Dexter Jackson and I remember looking down at him and thinking, eh hes not that big. Its strange because I was taller than most of the guys. At your height you would really dwarf them. But when they take their clothes off I was like GOOD GOD are they human!!!! Their backs are probably the most amazing part about them.

Joe G

I think if the IFBB sticks to the mandate/memo they sent out earlier then it's gotta be Dexter (I'm assuming he's competing)...he was in great form earlier this year...

Ronnie is a monster, no mistake....but for the first time since about 1991 (it's tough to say when given Haney was 8 straight), aesthetics are supposed to be priority now...and Ronnie, Jay, Ruhl etc just don't win if that's the case..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chiefhog @ Oct. 13 2005,6:46)]If Ronnie comes in shape (which he will), I cant see anyone beating him. What a mass of muscle that guy is. He is the first bodybuilder in history that I look at and think to myself, "that's what a superhero looks like." He's a comic book character. He sold his soul to drugs to get there, but that doesnt mean he's not an impressive sight. I would love to see him in person. I've heard it is awe-inspiring.
Yeah he totally looks like the black guy with the sledge hammer in the man of steel comics in this pic. You know the ones right after the death of superman.
colem1.jpg

Yooohooo

Ronnie looks excellent.

Pitty about the drugs, but if you want to take things to that level, doubt it whether it can be done Natural?

Yeah, Coleman takes steroids, but doubling 800 in the deadlift has to take serious commitment and hard work. Steroids or not, the man works hard and doesn't train like a girl.

The man looks awesome.
To bad he doesn't speak with the most highly intelligience..lol...but none the least he is one big mofo!

And just think how big he could be if he new about HST...
laugh.gif

Hello hGH . . . pleased to meet you . . . yes I know I'll get turtle belly . . . no, I don't care . . .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joe G @ Oct. 13 2005,11:16)]Do you guys know if there is a way to watch the show somehow?  Either on T.V., pay perview, satelite, or online?

It will be on InDemand live at 8pm Pacific tonight. $30. Anyone with digital cable should be able to get it. (Not on DirecTV tho.) They will also be rerunning it all weekend. You'll probably be able to find a torrent of it not long after that.
I want Jay to win as well. It's not about being the biggest. Shouldn't be anyway. Jay's physique is much more balanced and symmetrical than Colemans.

Also, I just learned that on Friday, there is a Wild Card competition where the winner gets a slot in the Mr. O on Saturday. David Henry won that one. There are some pics at Flex Online. One of my favorite new pros, Mike Morris, was last place and looked horrible.

Liege

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Steroids or not, the man works hard and doesn't train like a girl.

No doubt dude, we also work dang hard but it is somewhat unfair to have that advantage, though I want none of it anyways, my goal is to look as good as I possibly can.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]To bad he doesn't speak with the most highly intelligience..lol...but none the least he is one big mofo!
And just think how big he could be if he new about HST...

Joe
laugh.gif
good one

HST requires inteligence though, so...his apparent lack of it might be the one thing that will stop him from coming over or even looking at it
laugh.gif

On the other hand, if you are on roids, you grow despite the program you're on, specially if you work hard.

Ronnie Coleman won again. I think the top three were the same as last year. Cutler took second and Gustavo Badell took third.

Joe G

Back