Off topic -- I'm out of here

Bob Evans

Well I live on a barrier island off of Florida's southwest coast.

Wilma is heading this way. I am oddahere. Just at the end of my Negs so I guess it is a good time to start SD. Since people know I like to lift weights I have gotten a few requests to help move furniture, and board windows etc.

The gas lines already started forming today. And water is almost sold out at the store.

It is hard to decide where to go -- since they aren't sure where it will hit.

But I am gonna bring my work out stuff -- it is always fun to try out a new gym.

Bob :D

Bob

I hope all goes well you guys have been getting it constantly!

thumbs-up.gif

stay safe man.

i'm from Houston..and we took safety while Rita was headed this way.

do the same ..you'll be in the gym in no time!

I am fine. But the house I evacuated to for "shelter" -- well the roof blew off and we had to run across the street (through the winds) to a neigbors house. true story.

So much for evacuating to a safer area. :confused:

Bob

Glad to hear you are okay. How's the home? Any damage? That's sort of ironic that the place you went to for shelter lost it's roof. It would be moreso if your home was completely untouched in comparison.

Everyone is OK.

But my buddies house and contents are basically distroyed. The ceiling is a kind of wood panneling -- (1960s post and beam construction) ... the ceiling is still there -- but the roof is gone. So it rained in the house. And now without electricity it is diifficult to clean. no shop vac, no power tools, no fresh water, no light at night. One can only work durring daylight. So the water damage to the contents of the house, and the interior is significant. When the storm was over we could not get out of the house we ran to -- because part of our roof was blocking the front door. Todo I don't think we are in Kansas anymore.

Back