Ok here comes the obligatory HST cutting question

A

Alek

You know you've missed it ;)

Now I know the consensus here is to use HST for cutting because of the hypertrophy stimulus better preserving muscle and what have you.

The thing is I am taking a rather non-conventional method of cutting. One where I only aim for a 2 pound fat loss (a month), not per week. I'm taking this baby LONG-term. Works very well for me, especially since my ultimate physique goals are also very LONG term (5 year vision).

So would the HST be justified the extra effort/annoyance? I really am annoying people with my "hybrid" weights
laugh.gif
Does it really offer a benefit over a simple full body 2x week workout when fat loss is SLOW.

Or alternatively since I have given myself so much time to lose so litlle fat... I was pondering doing (regular) cutting/ (HST) bulking cycles. Where I lose fat aggresively for 6 weeks (1-1.5 lb wk) and than bulk for 8 weeks. Would this be a better idea

Any thoughts for the "hybrid man"?
--That's what the gym owner calls me because of HST hahah
worship.gif

So the HST is best for any scenario dogma still remains eh?
thumbs-up.gif

Seriosly does anyone actually know for a fact (from experience, results) that HST preserves muscle better on cutting than a regular heavy low rep full body workout? Basically isn't what makes HST all these litlle neat tricks to produce more hypertrophy? Since in a caloric deficit they all go out the window, what's the point in the weight progression and 15s and 10s then?

It only seems reasonable that excercising as if its always the last day of the 5s week in HST should have the same results while cutting. Haycock himself says SD is of no function in cutting for example.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alek @ April 20 2005,5:39)]So the HST is best for any scenario dogma still remains eh?  
thumbs-up.gif

Seriosly does anyone actually know for a fact (from experience, results) that HST preserves muscle better on cutting than a regular  heavy low rep full body workout? Basically isn't what makes HST all these litlle neat tricks to produce more hypertrophy? Since in a caloric deficit they all go out the window, what's the point in the weight progression and 15s and 10s then?
It only seems reasonable that excercising as if its always the last day of the 5s week in HST should have the same results while cutting. Haycock himself says SD is of no function in cutting for example.
I will only say this, I don't think all the physiological happenings go out the window, you just don't have the needed fuel to keep the car moving in a forward direction.

Back