Okay.....ouch

Dvst8or

So on Monday I decided to do the wide grip dips, like the ones seen here:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/WtChestDip.html
per the recommendations from this site as opposed to the tricep dips which I am used to doing.
(I honestly didn't know there was a difference)

I felt like the center of my ribcage was going to pop open from the stretch at the bottom of the movement. And the next day I don't think I have ever felt that kind of sorness in my chest. Now I know that soreness is not an indication of gains but I do know that I have never felt that kind of stretch in my chest and I feel it is a good thing.
biggrin.gif

Just thought that I would share.
wink.gif

Brian

I use dips to target my chest, so I stick with the "chest version" (wider grip, leaning forward). In my opinion, dips are a great chest exercise if done properly. Welcome to the club.
biggrin.gif

Regards,
Dimitris

That's pretty much the only dips I do...about a 35-36" grip, head down and back arched forward. With added weight. The narrow tricep dips are the one thing that bothers my elbows.

I think there's a distinction between loaded stretch and full ROM. I certainly wouldn't want to "hang" for a while at the bottom with a load on then try to press up. I'm almost sure that would cause an injury with my 205 + 90-100 lbs. on there. If I could even get it up at all.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think there's a distinction between loaded stretch and full ROM.</div>

Certainly Quad, certainly, I'd be carefull to push the stretch beyond safe levels, and I think those depend on each of us, the ROM will not be the same if you have an extra 45 Kg. hnaging from ya.
biggrin.gif

Back