Okay to do 3 sets of each muscle group

worldknown

Lately i feel if i only do 2 sets of back that im not working my back effectively, so ive upped it up to 3.

Pretty much what im asking is it okay to do 3 sets for every muscle group in every rep scheme.

so in 15s 10s and 5s i will be doing 3 sets total for each muscle group (3x a week)

I usually do 15x2, 10x2, 5x3 myself. The 15's could start with 3 sets, but near your max you shouldn't be able to hit 3. Same for 10's, unless you're one great specimen.
Actually, on the tens I will hit most maxes and on some of the second sets I have to cluster a few reps due to fatigue. (on max day) That means I'm actually at my maxes.

depends on some exercises as well, i couldn't imagine doing 3 sets of 15 deadlifts. 1 set of 15 kicks my butt towards end of the 15s

Be careful not to favor volume in place of load. Load is king for hypertrophy. If you do 3 sets and get too burned out and have to hold back on load progression you are probably better off with 2 sets.

True. Second to load (assuming consistency and progression) is workload. But excess leads to what Riggins said. There are limits, but they are individual-specific.

Back