? on Abs with HST

Joe.Muscle

Good morning guys. I have one quick question. I have been on a simi calorie deficit for a while just eating lean foods and keeping my daily calorie intake simi low. I have been trying to lean down and it has been working great. I have lost about 10 pounds or so and I am starting to get were my stomach is getting defined. I have been doing weighted crunches on the machine at my gym with heavy weights about 80 pounds for 3 times a week with hst...4 sets each workout. I have been doing this b/c in the past when my bodyfat got real low my abs didn't look that good b/c I guess lack of developement. That being said I have not been doing any lower abs moves for my lower abs. I have read were you need to work your lower abs and I have also read were you dont need to work them. That a weighted crunch will hit the entire area. I am shooting to have great abs one day...that being said am I ok on HST just doing some form of the crunch like HSt calls for your do I need to incorporate lower abs exercises?

Thanks guys in advance!

You can't preferentially work the upper or lower portion of your abs. The entire length is worked in any spinal flexion movement.

What Drew said
thumbs-up.gif

So in other words the weight crunch machine or swiss ball crunch...is just fine for overall ab developement?

Thanks Dan for your reply. :D

IMHO, the swiss ball would be better because of the additional stabilizers coming into play. Just don't let it roll on you it hurts when you fall. ;) But for all out weight and concentration soley on the abs, the machine would better. Just remember it is torso flexion that recruits the abs not hip flexion.

Ok sorry to continue to this question but to make sure I am clear...there is not need to train the lower abs with say reverse crunches?

All of the ab region lower, upper and middle can be hit with some style of a crunch,ex weight crunch machine...swiss ball...or regular floor crunch...correct?:confused:

Thanks I promise this is the last time i get confused on this..lol :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joe.Muscle @ July 16 2005,11:40)]All of the ab region lower, upper and middle can be hit with some style of a crunch,ex weight crunch machine...swiss ball...or regular floor crunch...correct?:confused:
Correct, the only thing you will change is the ROM (amount of flexion or extension) based on these exercise.

Back