Oral Amino Acids. BRYAN HAYCOCK.

Pride

Dear Mr. Haycock,

My question is plain and simple, and I will not go into depth about the vast knowledge I have that I heard from a friend that head from a friend.
biggrin.gif

Q: Does taking amino acids ORALLY, like Champion Nutrition's Amino Acid Shooter, have any benefits what so ever?

Abc bodybuilding recommends it, what’s the truth?

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/aminoacidshooterindex.php

Thank you for your time.

my answer is plain and simple.
yes, amino acids are effective when taken orally.

Dr. Debbs is right!

I don't think Bryan needs to get into this one, but he may, he sometimes surprises us, not that he's too high and mighty, he's just too busy!

Here's something to ponder on:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Acute response of net muscle protein balance reflects
24-h balance after exercise and amino acid ingestion
KEVIN D. TIPTON, ELISABET BORSHEIM, STEVEN E. WOLF,
ARTHUR P. SANFORD, AND ROBERT R. WOLFE
Metabolism Unit, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Galveston 77550; and Department
of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555
Submitted 29 May 2002; accepted in final form 26 August 2002</div>

The above research says:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Net muscle protein balance has been demonstrated
to increase dramatically in response to exercise and amino acid ingestion when measured acutely</div>

and...

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">In this study, we confirmed that muscle protein balance is increased, primarily because of an increase in muscle PS, when measured acutely and found that this response is additive to the basal response over a full 24-h period</div>

Surely this settles it...

This way you can definitely say, research proves that it works!
biggrin.gif

Cheers

oral aminmos are efficient.

take these in the morning and after your training with some fast acting carbs.

BUT!
In my opinion whey isolate is fast absorbing enough (thats the only thing aminos are better then protein powders, they are absorbing faster)
especially after training your body is crying for carbohydrates. give these them. with some protein.
a high peak of aminos is reached with whey isolate after 20-30minutes. thats fast enough i think.

with aminos you wont have better gains than without. so go with whey isolate powder thats cheaper.

greets

Back