OT: HST Forum Server Problems

Bishop

I have noticed that everytime I post or reply to a message, I am getting the message "ERROR 500- Internal Server Error."  

I have also noticed that we have been getting two or three of the same threads posted by members.  

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I PM'ed Bryan about this but no response...
sad.gif

Yeah, I've had that happen a couple of time in the past week or so. I've seen other threads and replies that would appear to be the result of the "double posting".

Well, oddly enough, it happened as I was posting the reply to this very topic. Instead of following my instincts, which would have been to re-submit my reply, I just kept using my browser's back arrow (back one page). When I got back here to the thread, my reply was posted and there was no duplicate posting. (I had to hit the "refresh" button once I had navigated back to the thread. This brought up my reply.) Sounds like a possible work-around for those that are interested in one.

Yep, Chuck's got it!

Just go back one page or to the main forum page using your browser, the post will go through!

Bryan knows about it and so I guess a fix is in the works. Server 500 errors can be tricky little blighters to track down.

Back