Out of Gas

Bob Evans

So I did an extended heavy cycle ---a la vicious and customizing HST. I did about two weeks of 5s, then did about two weeks of 3s (the 3s just sort of happened ---they were going to be negs but my maxes increased and it was fun seeing how heavy I could go on 3s), then 2 weeks of negs. Some were pure negs and some weren't --- depending on the spotter due jour. Then on friday I went in and nothing was there. I went back to my 5s weight and could almost not do them. I was totally spent. Not sure what did it CNS? glycogin depletion?m but there was no more gas in the car. It is a weird feeling after just having nailed some personal bests -- I was amazed how my strength had shot up. But then it was like going from being superman to clark kent.

So I am going to try 4 days off and try to get in another week or two of negs --- but if the strength is not there it is the dreaded SD for me.

just wanted to share, Bob ;)

It's possible you just had an off day. I did today and could only get 8 reps on my shoulder press and CG bench at my 10 RM. In your case you have been going heavy for a while. SD may not be bad idea.

I see signs of CNS fatigue, SD for you mate...the mandatory 9 days...
sad.gif

Up to you really
laugh.gif
all I can say is that it works, and it really sounds like you need it, I know, I know
dozingoff.gif
most guys don't like it
sad.gif

I agree about SD and in this cycle my 3 rep bench went from 275lbs to 295lbs (not sure if I hit 300 due to equipment change -- long story)

BUT I have a theory that we might be able to extend the "post 5s" by taking a few days off. So skip a monday and there is a friday to wednessday rest.

I know you can't do that forever -- but it might be a trick to squeek another week or two into the "post 5s". I actually did that in my 6 week post 5s here-to-fore -- did in inadvertantly and it seemed to work.

Bob :D

Back