Squat
(alternating once I get to the 5's)

Shoulders:
Military Press

Back:
Pull Ups

Abs:
Cruunches (done on cardio days)

Part of me wants it to end right there. My over-all workout would be simple, consisting of big exercises.

Then there's part of me that wants to include Standing Calf Raise, and Shrugs throughout the cycle. My traps are small, and I don't want to neglect my calves.

I was also thinking about ISO's, bicep curls and tricep presses, just during the 15's and 10's. I seem to have a lot of energy during those phases of the cycle, but would eliminate them once I hit the 5's so my energy will be focused on the heavy weights in the compond exercises.

Finally, I remember that I am extremely weak in the rear deltoid. The rear deltoid raise is something I feel I should work on.

So I have the desire for a simple routine utilizing big movements, but I also obsess on the little things too! What makes the most sense?

A

flat bench/ bent over row superset
Squat
close grip underarm pullups/ Military press superset
Shrugs
calf raise
rear delt

B

incline bench/ row superset
deadlift
wide grip overarm pull up/ military press superset
Power shrugs?
calf raise
rear delt

Add isos early in the cycle if you please.

You know, before I found HST, I did full body, A/B/C workouts, and I enjoyed it very much. I didn't have the SD or progressive load increase, of course. This workout takes me back somewhat to that.

A few questions: Flat and incline BP, should they have the same max's, or will I have to keep track of two different max's? Same goes for any similar A/B exercises in general. Also I'm not familiar with power shrugs. Couldn't find them on EXRX.

Thanks for the detailed workout. I will consider this one seriously.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Part of me wants it to end right there. My over-all workout would be simple, consisting of big exercises.</div>

Yay... that's a quality workout.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Then there's part of me that wants to include Standing Calf Raise, and Shrugs throughout the cycle. My traps are small, and I don't want to neglect my calves.</div>

There you go... those are essential isolations to add. Shrugs not so much since you have deadlifts and chins, but if they're small then by all means add them.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I was also thinking about ISO's, bicep curls and tricep presses, just during the 15's and 10's. I seem to have a lot of energy during those phases of the cycle, but would eliminate them once I hit the 5's so my energy will be focused on the heavy weights in the compond exercises.</div>

There are a lot of people who do that... but I would do Incline DB Curls and Skullcrushers instead... more of a loaded stretch.

That's my $.02.

I appreciate the valuable advice!!! I think I'll do Style's workout. I especially like the supersets. I'll have to buy a second barbell to accomodate a transition between the BP and rows. I need to buy a set of olympic weights anyway.

I read up on power shrugs, and will stick to regular ones for now. I can just see myself getting injured trying the power shrug. I will do some arms Iso's during the 15's and 10's (maybe just through the first week of the 10's.) What Colby mentioned sounds good to me.

Back