Pleaes Help!!!

p0fell0w

Can anyone help me with my workout...i plan on finding my maxes this week and taking off all next week for my SD. Here are the workouts i selected for my HST cycle if anyone has any suggestions please post...

Incline Bench
Squat
Seated Calf Raise
Pull Down's
Leg Extensions
Close Grip Bench
Barbell Curl
SL DL
Dips

There's nothing overly wrong with those exercises (I'd drop the Leg Extensions personally), but I wouldn't do them in that order. For Dips, are you doing them in a way to target your chest or triceps? If triceps, then you don't need to do both Dips and Close Grip Bench. If you're doing them for chest, you could alternate them each workout with Incline Bench.

Squat
SLDL
Seated Calf Raise
Pull Downs
Incline Bench
Barbell Curl
Close Grip Bench

I agree with Enigma66, and then maybe you could also add some shoulder work,
like military press or some other kind of overhead press.

I would throw out the iso's and go with something like this:

SLDL
Squat
Rows
Incline Bench
Military Press
Seated Calf Raise
Chins
Dips

If you feel that you want to still do the iso's after that workout, then do skulls and barbell curls during the 15's and 10's. After that, the heavy load of the compounds will be enough to fully hit your arms.

thx for the replies....i i forgot to add in some dumbell mill presses in my workout. I think i might keep the dips and the leg extensions in there so i can get some extra work for my legs and chest i dont think it will hinder my results at all, also what do you guys think about changing the rep's for the sets instead of 15,10,5 i could do 12,8,4?

I'm about to set up my third cycle and am also considering what exercises to go with. For dips and chins, since it is impossible to apply progressive load without a weight belt and because the fact that my 10 rm is with just my body weight, should I just leave out these exercises until next cycle and use flat bench instead of dips and nothing at all instead of chins? Can squats be replaced by regular deadlift if one is not confortable with this exercise?

Could a setup like this be good:

SLDL
Normal Deadlift
Bent-Over Row at 45 degree angle
Incline Bench alternated with Flat Bench
Military Press
Standing Calf Raise
Abs

I don't mean to hog this post, just wondering if the aforementionned workout is good for someone who can't use dips and chins with progressive load.

Thanks,

Traps

I would just do conventional bent leg deadlifts. I've done workouts with only deadlifts and got pretty good leg developement. However, I would not drop the squat. I prefer alternating them, I do squats MF and deadlift every Wed. Most people cannot deadlift frequently when the weight gets around 2x bodyweight.

Do the bent row at 90 degrees and put the bar on the floor every rep.

Alright i think i simplified some stuff in my cycle...how does this sound

incline bench press
bent over BB rows
Dumbell Mil Press
pulldowns
dips OR CGBP
BB curl
squats
SLDLs
Seated Calf Raise

<div>
(p0fell0w @ May 23 2006,12:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Alright i think i simplified some stuff in my cycle...how does this sound

incline bench press
bent over BB rows
Dumbell Mil Press
pulldowns
dips OR CGBP
BB curl
squats
SLDLs
Seated Calf Raise</div>
does that sound better?

<div>
(p0fell0w @ May 23 2006,18:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(p0fell0w @ May 23 2006,12:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Alright i think i simplified some stuff in my cycle...how does this sound

incline bench press
bent over BB rows
Dumbell Mil Press
pulldowns
dips OR CGBP
BB curl
squats
SLDLs
Seated Calf Raise</div>
does that sound better?</div>
sound good?

<div>

incline bench press
bent over BB rows
Dumbell Mil Press
pulldowns
dips OR CGBP
BB curl
squats
SLDLs
Seated Calf Raise</div>
Looks good, the order is fine just be sure not to use too large of an angle on the incline, keeping your shoulders back.

When you do the rows, at the bottom be sure to allow your scapula to seperate and squeze them together as you start the pulling motion.

During the DB press do not lock out your elbows.

Standing calf raise or donkey raise IMO is better than seated but seated will do.

Now go to work, eat big and report back your results in about 8 weeks or so.

<div>
(Dan Moore @ May 23 2006,21:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

incline bench press
bent over BB rows
Dumbell Mil Press
pulldowns
dips OR CGBP
BB curl
squats
SLDLs
Seated Calf Raise</div>
Looks good, the order is fine just be sure not to use too large of an angle on the incline, keeping your shoulders back.

When you do the rows, at the bottom be sure to allow your scapula to seperate and squeze them together as you start the pulling motion.

During the DB press do not lock out your elbows.

Standing calf raise or donkey raise IMO is better than seated but seated will do.

Now go to work, eat big and report back your results in about 8 weeks or so.</div>
great....do you think i should add some shrugs in there?

I don't see any reason to add in shrugs unless your upper traps are lagging. Rows should hit all your traps well enough.

Squats and SLDL? I think if you're doing full olympic back squats there is no reason to do SLDL. Whatever you decide, I would not do them back to back.

<div>
(p0fell0w @ May 23 2006,22:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">great....do you think i should add some shrugs in there?</div>
As Totentanz said, no need. The rows (if done as I described) and DB press will hit the traps just fine. Now if you want huge traps then add em in or do some heavy deadlifts.

Back