hamstring- 3x 15
rear delts-1x15
Shrugs 2x 15
Side delts 2x 15
week 1and 2: 10s
week 3 and 4: 5s and drop set
week 5 and 6: 5s and drop set
week 6 and 8: 5s and drop set
please critic. Thanks a lot also is this workout high VOLUME like the AM PM workout of Bryans?

That actually does to be on the high side in volume in my opinion. Maybe too much even... you could be regreting that set up especially when you get to the post 5s. I started out with 3 sets of every exercise thinking it would be a breeze and I was even thinking about doing 4, but then I started and realized it was a lot harder than it seemed due to the frequency. I had to drop to 2 sets per exercise. I've been lifting with a good amount of volume for over 2 years also so it's not like I have a weak foundation. I notice in your am workout you have barbell curls in front of pull ups or t-bar rows... you should keep them fresh for the heavy lift and do the curls afterwards. I'm still on my first hst cycle though so I'm no expert, but that's my 2 cents.

Way too many sets if you are natural. Are you taking anything while on this cycle? At least cut down to 1 set for each during the 10s. I don't think your delts need so many exercises either. Your triceps and biceps don't need so many exercises. Get rid of the one arm tricep exercise, drop the barbell curls, add in bentover rows.

I think a better routine would be something like this:

AM

dips
chinups
BB bentover rows
Good morning or stiff-leg deadlifts

PM

squats
shrugs
incline curls
military press or arnold press
close-grip bench press

I also think you would have more success if you did one of these each day, alternating, instead of an AM/PM split. Especially if you plan to do multiple sets per exercise.

Funguy

owa cowboy! Slow down, or you'll regret it! :D

Go with Tots advice entirely
tounge.gif
you can do the 9 different exercises all in one session.

15 x 1 / 10 x 2 / 5 x 3 - This would be the better way to get the volume so that you can handle it!

During the 10's and 5's the x2 or x3 are your actual working sets and not including warmups.

Warmups are recommended specially for the biggies (squat bench, back etc.)

Good luck and happy growing.

hey xxfunguy007xx2000 :)

crazy.gif
WAAAAYYYY too much exercises.

Just focus on doing great core lifts like bench, dips, lat-pulldowns or chins, and of course, deadlifts. When you are going heavy on these core movements, they'll wipe you out if you have a ton of other exercises with them. Especially the deadlifts. You can keep the AM/PM split if you lower the exercises and stick to the core movements plus a few other exercises for your specialization. If you insist on doing 12 or more, it might be a good idea to follow Totentanz suggestion of doing your split workout on separate days instead of an AM/PM split.

Regards,
-JV

I agree with what's already been said but another concern is that you are performing isolation exercises for bis and tris before your compound movements for back and chest...always do your compound movements for your larger body parts first.

Cheers

Rob

Ditto on:
wwewrestlingguy, Totentanz, Fausto, jvroig, & robefcs' posts :)

tone it down and the gains will be alot greater

Back