please critique my routine

Hey. Its pretty standard i do squats, bench, rows, chins, dips, military press, curls. I only do squats for my legs though. I want to keep it pretty short and sweet. I don't know if squats would be good enough for my hamstrings. Would i need to do a leg curl or somethings for hams or can i get away with just squats. I don't do deadlifts.

Cheers

Short, sweet, and focu on compounds is best, IMO. That's what you're doing here (even if you do have curls thrown in, but I wouldn't quibble
biggrin.gif
) As to hammies, squats really won't do the trick. If you don't do deads, you should consider leg curls or hyperextensions. Or, if you're a masochist, you could try this:

I disagree, squats, real, full ROM olympic back squats will hit the hamstrings. Unless you have an injury, I would suggest you do conventional deadlifts also. Alternate them with the squats.

Right you are Liege- I wasn't thinking ATG squats here, just parallels. For my money, deads of some type are still best for the hammies (and whole lot of other stuff), though.

Big Willy

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't do deadlifts.</div>

Is this by choice? We all hate them,
laugh.gif
it is a love-hate relationship, butdarn they are the best you find to build you nice and strong.

For hammies only you can do stiff leg deads!
biggrin.gif

Back