Please Help a Newbie

nghttrain00

Ok, I feel stupid but here it goes. Going to start my first HST program ever. Not sure if I'm understanding or not. Ok week 1-2 are 15rm say im using 135 for my 15 rm on the bench press. do I start out on the very first workout with 110? then increase 5 lbs every workout until i reach my max15rm on the final workout at the end of week 2:confused: Then do the same for the 10 and 5 rm's .If this is right I just dont get it because if I can do 135 15x's im going to beable to do alot more than 15 using the lighter weight up until I get to the final workout using the 135. Sorry if this sounds stupid, TY

You're right buddy... but that's the point of HST - progressive load. Anything higher than 15 reps will be too aerobic. Some people do cluster training from 20 reps onward, but we can save that discussion for another day.

Check out the FAQ's forum and a lot of your questions will be answered.

-Colby

Colby, TY so much for the reply :) , Going to choose exercises and find rm's this week.Then going to take the time off and start the whole program. Again Ty Colby for your time.

Back