plz critique my 2nd cycle

mike66

could you guys plz take a look at my second cycle and see if I should change anything.

Squats
Dead Lifts
Incline Bench
Dips
Military Press
Lat Pull Downs
Curls
Tricep Ext's
Seated Calf Raises
Weighted Crunches

Is there anything else I should be doing or should the order of exercises be different? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Too much push; not enough pull. Add in chin ups or pull ups or at least a rowing exercise.

#Sets? Reps? Frequency?

Your exercises are fairly standard.

You have the big ones:

Deadlifts
Squats
Military Press
Dips/Bench
Lats/Chins

Possibly alternate the deads and squats when you get to the heavy weights.

Also, you may want to ditch the tricep extensions and curls once you hit the five rep phase.

Depending on your body type, abwork is optional for some of us. If you have a "Roman trunk" like me, abwork just makes your gut bigger.

As some of the others have mentioned, some kind of row would be good.

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Nov. 11 2006,17:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Too much push; not enough pull. Add in chin ups or pull ups or at least a rowing exercise.

#Sets? Reps? Frequency?</div>
thanks everyone, ok o &amp; g, how does this sound

squats
dead lifts
incline bench
dips
military press
seated row
lat pull downs
lateral raises
curls
tricep ext's
seated calf raises

1st 2 weeks I do 1 set of 15 on each exercise. 2nd 2 weeks I do 2 sets of 10  and last 2, I do 3 sets of 5. All, 3 times a week.
Any other suggestions?
rock.gif
?

drop lateral raises
military press
seated row
should take care of your shoulders
squat and dealifts do one at the begining and one near the end
do your workout in a push pull order that way you get more time for the muscle your working to recover
and if it gets to heavy drop the arm isos.good luck
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

ok time to hijack this thread...
i know how much you guys like critiquing routines, so here goes my new one now that i finished several months of strength training. exercises listed as A / B are alternating exercises

x2 Deadlift / Squat
x1 Calf Raise / Reverse Calf Raise
x2 Incline Bench / Flat Bench
x1 Reverse Grip Bench / Skullcrusher
x1 Upright Row / DB Overhead Press
x2 Bent Over Row
x1 Barbell Curl

This is only 10 total working sets. I plan on doing a lot of cardio with this i.e. swimming and football, just because i like sports.

These changes come after I experimented with several different HST styles. According to my logs, I had the best results when I kept sets the same. I had the worst results doing 15x1, 10x2, 5x3 (clustering) which the majority on here seem to do.

I also had better results when I added in the ISOs throughout.

Am I missing anything here, do I need more load? I think maybe I'll throw in pull ups somewhere.

<div>
(xarfox @ Nov. 14 2006,16:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">ok time to hijack this thread...
i know how much you guys like critiquing routines, so here goes my new one now that i finished several months of strength training. exercises listed as A / B are alternating exercises

x2 Deadlift / Squat
x1 Calf Raise / Reverse Calf Raise
x2 Incline Bench / Flat Bench
x1 Reverse Grip Bench / Skullcrusher
x1 Upright Row / DB Overhead Press
x2 Bent Over Row
x1 Barbell Curl

This is only 10 total working sets. I plan on doing a lot of cardio with this i.e. swimming and football, just because i like sports.

These changes come after I experimented with several different HST styles. According to my logs, I had the best results when I kept sets the same. I had the worst results doing 15x1, 10x2, 5x3 (clustering) which the majority on here seem to do.

I also had better results when I added in the ISOs throughout.

Am I missing anything here, do I need more load? I think maybe I'll throw in pull ups somewhere.</div>
i would do dips instead of flat bench.
you have no vertical pulls so do chins or pulldowns.
and i would not do upright rows (shoulder trouble) do db-press or something else.

<div>
(faz @ Nov. 14 2006,12:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i would do dips instead of flat  bench.
you have no vertical pulls so do chins or pulldowns.
and i would not do upright rows (shoulder trouble) do db-press or something else.</div>
i do not have the means to do weighted dips, so i feel like it doesnt fit in with HST, since i cant add weight progressivley. also the bench press is my favorite exercise, i wouldn't trade it for anything.

i hate pull downs, i did them for years and got nothing out of them. i will add pull ups (everyone here calls them chins).

i like the upright rows because while alternating it with the overhead press i think it gives my shoulders a break and works out my traps a bit (notice i do not have shrugs in this routine). also it works out part of the rotator cuff which often limits your maximum bench press ability

what i forgot to add is that periodically at the end i will throw in some light rotator cuff work, abs, and hyper extensions (arent they called good mornings too?)

can anyone else comment on these suggestions?

Back