Possible to add mass

psychedout

Have any guys here actually experienced any mass gains using HST while dieting?

Also, what is that correct way to use HST while dieting? Don't you just do it as per normal but skip the SD?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (psychedout @ July 07 2005,6:17)]Have any guys here actually experienced any mass gains using HST while dieting?

Also, what is that correct way to use HST while dieting? Don't you just do it as per normal but skip the SD?
A lot of it will depend on how fat you are as to wheter you'll see gains. I noticed more definition but I'm not sure if the tissue actually grew or it was just more defined, my best guess is the later. But I could see where if you had a large amount of fat to conteract the calorie deficit that it might be possible.

Yes.

I would say you may experience a little hypertrophy if but like dkm said it will mostly be toning and tighten up look.

The good thing is by loosing the excess fat you will actually look much bigger!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ July 07 2005,7:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (psychedout @ July 07 2005,6:17)]Have any guys here actually experienced any mass gains using HST while dieting?
A lot of it will depend on how fat you are as to wheter you'll see gains. I noticed more definition but I'm not sure if the tissue actually grew or it was just more defined, my best guess is the later. But I could see where if you had a large amount of fat to conteract the calorie deficit that it might be possible.
....Yes.....
Are you saying that since I am 22-23% bodyfat and I just wanna get a lot more cut up, that I skip the SD?
Or am I misreading that?

Yes, when in an hypocaloric state just skip the SD, you wouldn't be adding much in the way of mass anyway during the deficit and it would be better to keep as anabolic as possible by continuing on with your workouts.

Thanks for the quick reply DKM. I was hoping I was reading that right. I am so excited, I don't want to wait a week to start.

Now the more I read, the more i see where some say an am/pm split is better for cutting fat. I might think about doing that, if I can figure out the best approach.

Thanks again DKM!
worship.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ July 08 2005,1:03)]Yes, when in an hypocaloric state just skip the SD, you wouldn't be adding much in the way of mass anyway during the deficit and it would be better to keep as anabolic as possible by continuing on with your workouts.
What if you have alot of weight to lose? I think that with consistent diet and training it would take me 6-8 months to get down to 10-12 % BF. Should I do my HST routines back to back without any SDing? I realize that I will not be adding much if any muscle during cutting so is there any reason for SD?

I've lost an inch on my waist, noticably more toned acorss the body all over over the last 3-4weeks, but have barely lost more than a kilo. I'm cutting at about 300-400 below 'maintenance' right now, high protein intake, pretty much all carbs in pre&post w/o meals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (delphi23 @ July 08 2005,12:31)]
wow.gif
3-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ July 08 2005,1
wow.gif
3)]Yes, when in an hypocaloric state just skip the SD, you wouldn't be adding much in the way of mass anyway during the deficit and it would be better to keep as anabolic as possible by continuing on with your workouts.
What if you have alot of weight to lose? I think that with consistent diet and training it would take me 6-8 months to get down to 10-12 % BF. Should I do my HST routines back to back without any SDing? I realize that I will not be adding much if any muscle during cutting so is there any reason for SD?
Over a 6 to 8 month period I would, maybe not every 8 weeks though, try extending the cycles for 10 to 12 weeks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ July 09 2005,8:33)]Over a 6 to 8 month period I would, maybe not every 8 weeks though, try extending the cycles for 10 to 12 weeks.
What would that look like? I am currently doing a 5x week full body routine with about 8 or 9 sets per workout; 2 weeks for 15s, 2 weeks for 10s, 2 weeks for 5s, 2 weeks 5s + drop sets + metabolic sets for a total of 8 weeks. How could I extend this by two weeks to a month?

Thanks

You can extend the 5s. I like to push the 5s and post 5s as long as I can.

Since you're cutting, you could always add higher rep ranges too. I'm doing 20s just to try it out during the cut I just started, and it seems to be working pretty well. My joints feel good, my energy levels are good. Too early to tell if I'm losing much though. That would add another two weeks. Incrementing is more difficult, but manageable.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (delphi23 @ July 09 2005,3:34)]What would that look like? I am currently doing a 5x week full body routine with about 8 or 9 sets per workout; 2 weeks for 15s, 2 weeks for 10s, 2 weeks for 5s, 2 weeks 5s + drop sets + metabolic sets for a total of 8 weeks. How could I extend this by two weeks to a month?
Thanks
how many sets are you doing each workout? just 1, or 1 for 15's, 2 for 10's, and 3 for 5's?

edit: i guess i can't read...i see now 8-9

Back