Post 5s while dieting

HappyScrappy

I just had my last 5 workout last night, so tomorrow I'll be starting my post 5s. I train by myself, so I won't be doing negatives.

I have also been dieiting for the past 9 weeks, I seem to have had some minor strength increases (given the effort required to move my 5 rep max weights) but nothing ground breaking. I am pleased though, that I'm about 10 pounds lighter, and moving the same weight that I was before.

My question is, how should I proceed with my 2 weeks of post 5s? I can continue with my 5 rep max weight, but that will be putting me very close to failure for 6 consecutive workouts. Or I could try incrementing the weight on the movements that I know I've gotten stronger in, that will also put me close to failure or at failure for each workout, or is that the idea for the post 5s?

I have really enjoyed this style of training, and I can't wait to start my second cycle while I'm bulking to see what kind of size I can really gain!

Continue on with your 5RM
Progress where possible
Do not hit failure

Other words, if you can't do 5 reps of a given exercise after your progressed upon the 5RM then do 4 reps.

Since I hit all my rep targets last workout (5 reps on all my maxes), should I increment the next workout? Or wait a few until less effort is required?

i would increase where possible.
and i dont think going to faliure for the last couple of weeks will be a major problem as you wil be SDing

Back