Power lifts in post 5s

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_etothepii
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_etothepii

I saw this in Fausto's post in "Simplify and Win"

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Standing Shoulder Press (push presses during post-5s)
</div>

So I looked up Standing Push Press on exrx.net, and saw that it is a military press (pretty much) using momentum to get the weight overhead. I assume this means you can use heavier weight than just military press alone?

I have no experience with the power moves, so help me out here if I'm wrong.

Anyway, there is a similar power lift for shrugs.

Would this be a means of getting the negative motion with heavier weights without a workout partner? If so, then are there other exercises to swap for similar purposes?

yes it is another option a bit like cheating exercises ,swing up the weight then lower it under control for curls for example but be carefull

<div>
(faz @ Sep. 13 2006,11:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">yes it is another option a bit like cheating exercises ,swing up the weight then lower it under control for curls for example but be carefull</div>
Hmmm, kind of like the &quot;loose form&quot; from Max OT. Swing it up with some degree of control - then lower it at least twice as slowly as you raised it.

It does work.

I'm looking forward to doing some &quot;power moves&quot; myself for my post 5's training.

I just don't know for certain what do do when I do my 3's. I'm probably going to drop all the accessory work and just do the primary lifts...squat, dead, bench, row, OHP, chins. Something about doing a 3RM or 2RM with skullcrushers for example - just doesn't sound smart to me.

Another option is to do one-arm exercises, like one arm DB tri-extension, bicep burls, one arm row, one legged squats etc. The weight doesn't have to be that heavy, both arms/legs can lift it easily, then one arm/leg lowers. Obviously you alternate your left and right to work both sides.

Back