Pushups/Pullups etc between workouts?

windjammer

Is it a good idea to do four pushups or so and maybe 2 or three pullups on off days to get the blood moving in those upper body areas that don't do as much everyday work as the legs?

I think 5 pushups and 3 pullups is the magic number...
smile.gif

I think solfsun is onto something!
biggrin.gif

Joking aside, what are you thinking this is going to do for you? Your body will not magically recover more quickly if you do a handful of pushups and pullups.

An upper body cardio type session (ie. low intensity) would be quite good for increased blood flow to the area. I guess some kind of rowing movement where you don't use your legs much would work. Or just light bench and rows and do 50-100 reps of each.

Personally, I wouldn't bother though. I don't think you will see noticeable benefits and you will be using calories up unnecessarily.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think 5 pushups and 3 pullups is the magic number</div>  
laugh.gif

Obviously this is a silly question, but let us enlighten you...better benefits would be gained if you used these exercises within a superset for each of the body parts intended as a pre or a post exahust technique, then your gains could be enhanced some...but to do it on off days unless you want the cardio benefit as Lol puts it...you wasting time and interfering with your much needed recovery.
wow.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Oct. 03 2007,02:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think 5 pushups and 3 pullups is the magic number</div>
laugh.gif

Obviously this is a silly question, but let us enlighten you...better benefits would be gained if you used these exercises within a superset for each of the body parts intended as a pre or a post exahust technique, then your gains could be enhanced some...but to do it on off days unless you want the cardio benefit as Lol puts it...you wasting time and interfering with your much needed recovery.
wow.gif
</div>
It's just added frequency for the chest and back, which is why I see no problem with it as long as your overall volume isn't too high.

Back