question about first SD

kb239

Hi,
I'm new to HST...just completed my first cycle and am ready for SD. I trained daily using an upper/lower body split. I started HST program on 12/3 and just finished my third set of 5’s (since I trained daily the overall time period was less). I made good progress using this method gaining strength and size. I attempted negatives, but hurt my left arm/shoulder and decided to just extend the 5’s. Anyway, today is first day of SD and I’m already worried about the break. I lost 35 pounds of fat and gained probably 5-10 pounds of muscle over the course of the last six months, and I don’t want to gain back any fat. The thought of resting and relaxing for 5-8 days is freaking me out. Would it be acceptable to swim at a moderate rate during the break or would that be too much?
Thank.

There is nothing wrong with moderately paced low impact aerobic activity during an SD. However, I would extend the SD to at least 9 days to get any benefit from it.

Your body composition will not change much over 9 days and your training when you return will be greatly augmented and your body will be more healed. SO man up and do nothing. 8)

Thanks for the replies. Could I drop calories significantly during this time so as to maybe drop a couple pounds of fat?

Back