Question about the 15 rep cycle and burning in muscles

Fuzzy_Logic

My question is regarding the 15 reps cycle. I focus on getting the burn in the muscle by first going slow, then faster as the lactic acid hits the muscles. Eventually I get such a burn that all I want to do is finish the set, so I knock out the remaining reps as fast as I can (i'm talking 0.3sec up - 0.3sec down)

Is this a bad thing to do? Should I instead stop the set since the lacti acid hits so intensely?

Another question I have, is regarding the burning sensation on large compound exercises, such as Squats and Romanian Deadlifts. I never feel any lactic acid burn on these, but I do feel that I get sweaty and breathe more heavily. Is the lactic acid burn really necessary on those exercises? I also do not feel it in the lats when I do rows. In fact the only exercises I feel any intense burning on, is the overhead press and bench press...

My question is regarding the 15 reps cycle. I focus on getting the burn in the muscle by first going slow, then faster as the lactic acid hits the muscles. Eventually I get such a burn that all I want to do is finish the set, so I knock out the remaining reps as fast as I can (i'm talking 0.3sec up - 0.3sec down)
I wouldn't worry about the burn at all, if it's there fine, if it's not fine. The idea is that that the increased turnover and lactic acid helps aid in tendon healing. But even in rest pause studies lactic acid still is accumulated and it is a matter of the amount of work done, not so much how it's done.

The more muscles involved in any movement the less localized the burn will be felt. So when doing the large compound movements it is indeed less likely to achieve a significant burning sensation but again, it's not something that should sway your workout.

No offense intended, but this is the case of over thinking and micro managing. Stick to the plan, get enough calories and rest and increase load over time and you'll grow. The fraction of second that you increase or decrease on your rep or the intensity of the burn or the pump will matter very little if at all. Again, I don't mean this as an offense, it is just that sometimes it is easy to get lost in details and forget the big picture of getting stronger (progressively increase load), using good form to avoid injury, eating properly, resting properly...

Back