Question about the 15's

psychedout

First things first, I just finished workout 6 of the 15's, so I am moving on to the 10's next monday. Let me say it was quite difficult to make it through this and rather tedious, however I am sure it is for the better.

What kind of strain do the 15's place on the CNS?

As you go down to the 10's the strain would increase, then the 5's the strain would increase, and then the drop sets (not doing negatives) the strain would increase? Is this right?

Or is it the other way around? Because if we consider pounds applied to the system.

Lets say my 15RM for an exercise is 100 pds the load would be 1500pounds on the system. And for my 5RM for the same exercise I use 150 pds. The load applied to the system at this point is only 750pds. That's half the total pounds being applied to the system.

So I dunno if I am making any sense, but I had always thought HST to become more strenuous as the program goes on, but you are applying less total pounds to the system. Is this just basic loading/deloading then? You load up at the start and deload as you go on?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Lets say my 15RM for an exercise is 100 pds the load would be 1500pounds
I think you are confused, or simply are correlating volume to load.

The 15's apply the least load while the 5's or negs apply the most. Load is about the weight, not how many total reps are performed that is work/volume.

Strain is related to load so therefore you are correct as you increase the load you increase the strain.

Gotcha. Thanks for that reply.

While we are at it, what is the proper way to go through the drop sets? And do people typically do a one week or two week drop set block?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ July 02 2005,2:08)]Read Here
Gotcha. So there isn't really too much structure to the drop sets then eh?

I am doing:
2weeks of 15's
2weeks of 10's
2weeks of 5's
(?)weeks of drop sets 5+10 reps
1 week of SD

So how many weeks of drop sets? Keep in mind this is my first time doing HST.

The drops are utilized after your work sets during your 5's and Negs, so this would depend on the length of your 5's and or negs.

Back