Question for low Carb diets?

• Thread starter imported_frivolousz21
  • Start date
I

imported_frivolousz21

I heard on the radio the other day...that during ketosis on a low card diet.....

that the liver will actually take fat stores without processing them and put them into the small intestine to be discarded...which is one of the reasons for constipation on a low carb diet.

is that true? I know that the body needs to burn more fat calories to make up the energy of a carbohydrate....therefore more fat will be burned to maintain and energy level..but he also stated when in pure ketosis...extra fat will be discarded by the liver.

maybe that explains me losing 20 lbs in 5 weeks on 20 carbs or less a day.

Not true. Your body won't just discard the extra fat. You can still gain weight on a keto diet, it's just hard to eat enough for most people. The reason for constipation on a low carb diet is because you aren't getting very much fiber/carbs, etc.
Probably the reason you lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks is because you were carb depleted/water depleted, which can account for a lot more weight than you'd think - like around 10 lbs easily, and the rest of the weight was because usually cutting out carbs results in a massive calorie deficit, which means rapid weight loss.

Back