Question on HST

Felipe18

Hello everyone, I have been working out for a year now and I just got back from a two month vacation where I barely ever worked out at all. Now that im back I thought I would try something new to see if I get better results and thats where I came across HST. Anyway I went to the gym, checked up on my current maxes and established my HST block. But I have a question; After dividing my maxes and looking at the weight for the first three days, they seem pretty low and it doesn't seem as if they will have much effect up on to the 4 - 6 days. Ex. 1 day bench 2x15x30lbs (dumbells) - 6 day 2x15x55lbs. 30 pounds seems very low and I might be wrong but will it have any effect at all? Or should I do only three days instead of six before lowering the repetitions to 10?

TIA, Felipe

You can repeat weights if they're too light, so try something like this: two days of 45lb DBs, two days of 50's, and two days of 55's, or a variation similar to that.

Felipe, welcome.
biggrin.gif

While Enimgma is right you must remember the 15's have a total different function than most people think, essetially they are there to prepare the body for later much heavier loads, kinda strengthne the tendons and flush the muscles with lactic acid.

Please download the FAQ-Ebook and read it through so that you get the grasp of the whole concept.

The best for starters is to do it excatly as the workout schedule says, and if necessary slow down the rep cadence, that should make things more interesting!

i would say do as enigma said...and as fausto said slow down the cadence or up the reps..ie..if 15 is not enough do 20 but stop short of faliure.good luck
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

When 15s feel way too light, I double or triple the reps. I figure the 15s are more for ensuring proper from and getting the tendons and ligaments ready for more serious work.
Definitely read the FAQ. It's free!

<div>
(Felipe18 @ Aug. 18 2006,11:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Alright, sounds good. Thanks for the help! Btw where can I dl the FAQ-Ebook?</div>
On this very board. Navigate your way to

HS:Forum Home » Training » HST FAQ » HST FAQs Now Downloadable

the second post has the local link.

BG

Back