Question regarding poundage.

Greenlantern11B

I'm on my first cycle, 4th day of 5's. But i was redoing my workout for my next cycle and realized that when i go into the next rep i'm often lifting weights lower than the rep max of the set i just completed.

EX:

last day of the 15's I do 155 on the bench press. On the 10's i'm starting at 125lbs and wont reach 155 until my 4th workout on the 10's. This happens again in the 5's. 10 RM is 175 and for the 5's im starting at 155 and don't reach 175 til the 3rd day of 5's.

My question is should I leave it as is or do this:

Incline bench
15 RM is 130 so my workouts for the 10's would be

day 1:130
2:135
3:140
4:140
5:150
6:160

it doesn't increase each workout by 10 but it is increasing all except one day(which i'm told is ok to repeate)

i just read the zig zagging topic... what i'm doing doesnt really get touched on seeing as how i already found all my RM's and i'm still working backwards

Last edited:
bump... anyone know if i should leave it repeating lbs from the previous RM or alter it so I only repeate the RM on the 1st day of the new RM's

A little zig-zagging is not uncommon. Frankly, it is often appreciated as a sort of min-break in the middle of an eight week routine.

If you want to limit the zig-zag effect, you can use some weight levels two (or even three) times.

Back