question...

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_delichani
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_delichani

After testing my RM's I got sick/injured/vacation and I didnt start my cycle till over a month later (long SD) After a month I lost a little bit of strength, so by the time I got to my last workout of my 15's (using my 15 RM) I could only push (bench press) 13 reps out, then had to rest 30 seconds before pushing the last 2 up.
what are your thoughts on this?

Your strength will fluxuate. If it was your last session of 15s -- no big deal. Also "clustering" says you can do exactly that --> do 10 and then 5 and call it 15. (though this is more helpful at heavier weights, part of the idea of the 15s is to get the high rep burn.) If it happens on your first session of 15s then you might want to adjust your weights.

I say just keep going. Your strength will come back. Also your 15s are really just a warm up for your 5s and post 5s. Also are you keep going with HST the opposite will happen -- some times you will blow through your expected Rms. The extra strength just shows up.

good luck, cheers, Bob :confused:

Like Bob said, just keep going. Just cluster when you have to. The strength will come back quickly. I'd bet that by the end of the 10s, it will no longer be an issue.

Echo what Bob and Totentanz said... on two of my first three cycles, I couldn't push out 15 reps and that is with a 2-3 week SD... so it will come, just go with it.

Back