Questions and concerns

thecoffeeguy

Hello everyone.

I am about to start my first cycle of HST tomorrow and I am very excited. I have roughly figured out my 15, 10 and 5 RM. I plugged them into the calculator to figure out the weights I should work with.

Couple questions:

On the calculator, just so im clear, there are 6 *columns* at the top, going from 1 to 6, where 6 is the RM. Now, are those columns supposed to represent each workout, over the course of the two week cycle?

For example, on my incline bench 15, I have the following:

110 120 130 140 150 160

Does that mean, on he first workout, I do 110. On the second workout, 120 and so forth?

Lastly, I know you are supposed to build up for progression, but I can't help but look at the weights i'll be using for my first workout tomorrow of my 15's, scratch my head and go, "is that going to be a hard workout?"

Just thought i'd ask.

thecoffeeguy

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]On the calculator, just so im clear, there are 6 *columns* at the top, going from 1 to 6, where 6 is the RM. Now, are those columns supposed to represent each workout, over the course of the two week cycle?

You betcha

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]For example, on my incline bench 15, I have the following:

110 120 130 140 150 160

Does that mean, on he first workout, I do 110. On the second workout, 120 and so forth?

You betcha again, progression over sustained period of time (say an 8 week HST cycle ;)) is the key.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Lastly, I know you are supposed to build up for progression, but I can't help but look at the weights i'll be using for my first workout tomorrow of my 15's, scratch my head and go, "is that going to be a hard workout?"

1. You'll def. experience a DOMS/soreness the next day. If you keep rest intervals down and work through the session quickly (not recklessly, just without wasting time) then it might even feel similar to cardio.

2. The 15s are in the program for joint-exposure more than muscle growth. You want to 'calibrate' your joints so that they are prepared to deal with the heavier weights, and at a higher frequency than you might be used to previously

3. After SD'ing, you don't have to be using your maximum weights to grow, trust us on that :). So while the 15s aren't about hypertrophy so much, the 10s and 5s, and post 5s are. Your first 10s workout may not be "hard" either, but it will be effective :)

Back