Questions on aromatase inhibitors

virtualcyber

Guys,

My questions are:

(1) if you take aromatase inhibitor (without having taken any steroid or prohormone compound), your body, in its attempt to convert more testerone into decreased estrogen, will increase test production, right?

(2) If you do end up with increased test production, does it lead to more DHT?  Is it possible to lose hair?

(3)  Then, afterwards, if you stop taking aromatase inhibitor, what happens?  Do you have temporary overproduction of estrogen (because you are no longer taking the aromatase inhibitor)?

(4)   If so, is it possible to prevent the temporary overproduction of estrogen by tapering the use of aromatase inhibitor, rather than cutting it cold turkey?

=====================================

I think you are close on all four of your assumptions. I have never used an aromatase inhibitor though. Most people use them during a cycle or post cycle to cut back on aromatization of the aas, hence the name. Not sure if too many people use them by themselves, unless they are using them as an estrogen blocker??

Thanks Biz,

I was just toying with the idea of trying Pat's new product 6-OXO (for cutting and obtaining that "dense" look) or liquidex ... I also have fatty deposits that seem to be estrogen related. I have been trying yohimbine hcl and lipoderm-y, but the results have not been that dramatic, even though I think they work.

I've been taking Arimidex alone for a while now.  I take .25mg every other day.  I was taking a higher dose, but noticed no difference in effects with the lower one.  I think you're correct about the increased natural test.  I have noticed an increase.  

I do think that it's possible there is an increase in DHT, but I have had my hairdresser keep an eye on my hair.  In the few months I have been on it there has been no increased hair loss.

I plan on tapering off slowly so I don't have to deal with any rebound Estrogen issues.  I have also looked into the 6OXO, and it looks interesting.  I will probably stay off the Arimidex for a while and see how it goes.  I am running out, and although I'm sure I can get a script, it's very expensive.  I'm not sure on the price on the OXO yet, so I'll have to wait unitl I know what that is to make a decision on what to do.

Steve

Virtualcyber and Steve-
The 6 OXO is by Ergophram? What is the word on it or is still too new to know?

what I don't understand is the practicle difference between suicide aromatase inhibitors (6-oxo and the perscription drug "aromasin") which actually bind to aromatase enzymes and will never unbind and non-suicide inhibitors (arimidex and femara).. whereas arimidex/liquidex and femara just temporarily bind to the aromatase enzyme and have an active half-life (I think its around 36 hours for arimidex)...

So what happends when you take a suicide inhibitor?  Does your body start producing more aromatase...?? how is aromatase made... the suicide inhibitors are kind of scary IMO, but I want to know more about them.

here is a link with some info.. but it doesnt answer my questions > http://www.anabolicscience.com/forums....did=329

Back