questions

KillerRabbit

ok ive read the whole thing and i am still confused as to how many sets to do per bodypart per day and the increments i increase from workout to workout.

hope i didnt confuse anyone
tounge.gif

<div>
(KillerRabbit @ May 21 2006,16:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">ok ive read the whole thing and i am still confused as to how many sets to do per bodypart per day and the increments i increase from workout to workout.

hope i didnt confuse anyone  
tounge.gif
</div>
After I answer you, check out the FAQ's forum where you will learn it all.

As far as sets per bodypart are concerned, you could follow the Vanilla routine prescribed by Bryan. Most people select their exercises, and select a target amount of sets they can do; ex: 1 set of 15's, 2 of 10's, 3 of 5's &lt;- this way yields constant volume throughout the cycle. Others like myself just wing it and go by how they feel.

Larger increments are better than smaller ones. Linear progression is one of the four principals of HST. However, it isn't bad by any means to do the same weight in both Day 3 and Day 4. Make sure that an exercise on your first day of a rep phase is at least 60% of your given RM. If that feels too light, then goto 70% and no more.

Back