Quick question on the negs

Spyke

I will finish my 2nd week of 5s on fri. So mon should start the negs. I really don't have a spotter so they will be real tough to do alone.

What are my other options? Another 2 weeks of 5s? Dropsets or something else?

You can continue on with your 5RM for two weeks. Even try progressing after that toward the point of 3's. If you goto a gym, then ask someone to spot you so you can do negatives... it's worth it. Drop sets and pulsing techniques are viable options too.

-Colby

Here's a list I have been compiling for when I get to my post 5s fortnight. Hope it's helpful. If anyone else wants to add to it that would be great.

Solo/Unassisted
Leg press (raise with both legs, lower single leg)
Leg curl ( " " )
Leg extension ( " " )
Donkey calf raise ( " " )
Seated calf raise ( " " )
Seated rowing machine (pull with both arms, lower single arm)
Chins (use legs to assist raise then lower unassisted)
Dips (use legs to assist raise then lower unassisted)
Flyes (press weight up, lower outward in flying motion for big stretch)
Shoulder press machine (raise with both arms, lower single arm)
Tricep Extensions with arm close to head ( " " )
Nautilus tricep extension (conc. with both arms, ecc. single arm)
Nautilus curl ( " " )
Single arm DB curl (raise with both arms, lower single arm)

Cheat Assisted
Shrugs (use legs/calves to jump the weight up).
BB Curl (cheat weight up then lower under control. When lowering keep elbows forward to get a good biceps stretch to full extension)

Lol
You starting to sound like good ol'Dave Drapper :D

No offense there...actually a compliment, thinking out loud and correctly so...that is the way to do it solo.

Here's some of Dave's "proverbia"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We want to know, I hear you say with increasing volume, curiosity and restlessness. We’re told there are no secrets, but what are the unseen clues, where are the deeper answers and how do we travel the mysterious
path to advance with certainty? Answers, we want answers!

That’s all we ask. Worthy questions, valuable goals, admirable zeal -- the answers are blowin' in the wind.
Great! Thank you very much! We humble ourselves, expose our hearts and you pass along trite, quasi-poetic dribble and expect us to dissolve. You’re a bomb, Bomber. May your hairline be ever-receding.

I am and it is, but what I say is true.

About arms, I recommend you work bis and tris together in the same workout on the same day in the same breath. You wouldn’t prepare a ham and Swiss cheese sandwich on rye and eat the ham on Monday, the cheese on Tuesday
and the bread on Wednesday, would you? Well, it’s same with training. You don’t eat milk products on one day and grains on another, fish on Saturday and foul on Sunday. Think about it... but not for long.

eh...eh...eh...enjoy...he's got style the man
laugh.gif

Back