Quick Question

DarkAdonis5

I recently finished up an 8 week 5 x5 program on March 31st.

I set up all my 15s, 10s, and 5's and whatnot, and I started my first day of the 2 week 15's today.

Basically my question do you think I took long enough of an SD? I've been lifting about a year, but only seriously for about 6 months. I remember reading it takes about 7 days for everything to recover then after that muscles get deconditioned. So i figured 31st to the 9th, 9 days roughly.

So yeah, any thoughts or tips in general would be awesome lol.

smile.gif

<div>
(DarkAdonis5 @ Apr. 09 2006,12:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So i figured  31st to the 9th, 9 days roughly.

So yeah, any thoughts or tips  in general would be awesome lol.

smile.gif
</div>
After a heavy cycle of 5X5 I would have recommended more, 14-21 days but everyone responds differently.

You'll just need to see how this length affected you and make adjustments next time, overall 9 days can be sufficient but longer is better up to the point of deconditioning.

I have yet to see anything recover, actually recover isn't the word either it's more of a resetting or resensitizing, in 7 days (scientifically speaking). Except metabolite, nutrient stores which can restore themselves much more quickly.

Back