Quick Question!!!

p0fell0w

i'm going on a snowboarding trip on friday and thats my 15 rep max day and i'm not going to be able to go workout..would missing my 15 rep max day cause any problems with my program or should i be ok?

IMO, in the big picture, over the course of an entire cycle, this shouldn't be a big deal. However, if it were me, I'd do the workout a day or two later, then procede onto the 10s.

<div>
(etothepii @ Jan. 23 2008,12:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">IMO, in the big picture, over the course of an entire cycle, this shouldn't be a big deal. However, if it were me, I'd do the workout a day or two later, then procede onto the 10s.</div>
ya thats what i was thinking but i wont be back until monday and thats the first day of my 10s workout....lol i'm just going to tell them i'm not going and go workout
smile.gif
j/k

I used to worry about these usual nuisances within a cycle. In the grand scale of things, and within the scale of your cycle, they do not matter. Pick up where you left off. If your end date of the cycle is imperative, then micro manage it by skipping ahead or temporarily increasing the frequency.

how about i just do my 15rep max workout today and then just go ahead and start the 10s next week? does that seem like a good plan?

<div>
(p0fell0w @ Jan. 23 2008,14:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">how about i just do my 15rep max workout today and then just go ahead and start the 10s next week? does that seem like a good plan?</div>
Excellent cycle management!

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jan. 23 2008,14:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(p0fell0w @ Jan. 23 2008,14:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">how about i just do my 15rep max workout today and then just go ahead and start the 10s next week?  does that seem like a good plan?</div>
Excellent cycle management!</div>
thanks lol

sorry one more question..on max day..am i supposed to go to failure? for all sets or just hit 15reps and stop if i can do more?

<div>
(p0fell0w @ Jan. 23 2008,14:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">sorry one more question..on max day..am i supposed to go to failure?</div>
No. NO. Never. Don't do that. It's not good for you.

It tends to fry your central nervous system and it takes a long time to recover. It's just not worth it.

Try to stay aware of your strength and fatigue levels and stop a rep or two (or three) before failure.

Stop a rep before failure. You could choose to hit failure on that last rep and push your 15RM, but I would save that CNS pan fry until the heavy 5's.

<div>
(p0fell0w @ Jan. 23 2008,14:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">sorry one more question..on max day..am i supposed to go to failure?  for all sets or just hit 15reps and stop if i can do more?</div>
The 15's aren't meant to be used for new PR's but if you want to go all out, why not. You'll be taking a day or two off followed by some sub-max 10's, so why not you'll be fine.

THere is nothing wrong with failure training per se. The problem is whether or not you can do it and recover enough by your next workout, any not having to put that owrkout off for 9 days because you over did it.

Hitting failure every now and then isn't going to kill you.

Yeah, any time I know I'm not going to work out for a few days I'll get in there and kill myself on purpose, regardless of where I am in a cycle or what training program I'm using.
ghostface.gif

Back