Rear Delts

Senorx

My shoulders are starting to look funny. My anterior and medial delts are way bigger than my posterior delts. This is really starting to look weird, cause my shoulders are totally uneven. This is my 4 th HST cycle and I have made some pretty decent gains lately. I'm thinking about only doing one set of Military Press on M/F and doing rear delt laterals/medial delt laterals supersets on Weds. and hitting them really hard. Do you think my shoulder volume is to much and causing anterior delts to grow faster than medial/posterior delts? NEED help! This is my current routine:

Mon./Fri.
Squats 2 sets
Bench Press 2 sets
Bent Rows 2 sets
Military Press 2 sets
BB Curls 1 set
Skull Crushers 1 set
Abs

Wed.
Deads 2 sets
Dips 2 sets
Chins(wide grip) 2 sets
Military Press 2 sets
BB Curls 1 set
Skull Crushers 1 set
Abs

Looking at your program above it seems pretty obvious that you need another exercise that will recruit the posterior delts, try High Cable Rows, Laying Chin Rows (my fav for upper back) or Bent Shoulder Laterals.

Dan's opinion is fine.

I used alternated military and suppersetted Incline Lateral raises/bent over lateral raises, seemed to work just fine.

Are you doing bent rows at a 90 degree angle and starting the lift from the floor each rep? If not, you should start doing them. They're also called Pendlay rows.

Ya, lying rows wide grip are the best for the posterior delts, good for posture too cause they work the muscles between the shoulder blades. Better that rear flies because they are compound, the biceps help so you can lift a heavier weight (like bench press > pec flies).

You lie face down on a bench, with a slight incline so the weights don't touch the groun, have your arms out wide with your palms facing backwards, basically its the same way you would hold your arms to do DB bench press, only upside-down. Don't go too heavy and use correct form or else your biceps will will do most of the work (since they are stronger than your rear delts).

Here's a video of how to do it:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightE....ow.html

<div>
(Peak_Power @ Sep. 03 2006,21:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Ya, lying rows wide grip are the best for the posterior delts, good for posture too cause they work the muscles between the shoulder blades. Better that rear flies because they are compound, the biceps help so you can lift a heavier weight (like bench press &gt; pec flies).

You lie face down on a bench, with a slight incline so the weights don't touch the groun, have your arms out wide with your palms facing backwards, basically its the same way you would hold your arms to do DB bench press, only upside-down. Don't go too heavy and use correct form or else your biceps will will do most of the work (since they are stronger than your rear delts).

Here's a video of how to do it:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightE....ow.html</div>
Be sure to start the movement by squezing your shoulder blades together, then perform the lift. On the eccentric allow your shoulder blades to fully extend as wide as possible. This movement, besides hitting the posterior delts, will also add some thickness to your upper back.

Never thought of doing this one...what's funny is I hav etried it before and it feels great! Thanks for the tip!
wink.gif

<div>
(liegelord @ Sep. 04 2006,02:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Are you doing bent rows at a 90 degree angle and starting the lift from the floor each rep?  If not, you should start doing them.  They're also called Pendlay rows.</div>
Yeah, don't do them like Ronnie Coleman in his vids where he is almost standing up straight. He says he only does them for his lower back anyway!
tounge.gif

Back