Rep Number

WillYouRemember

Hello everyone. I am new here. I just completed my first HST routine and I was very pleased with my results. I am taking my SD right now and I am deciding on new routine. My question concerns rep numbers. I get the whole 15, 10, and 5 rep part. My question is that lets say the 5's. For both sets of the 5's do I have to do exactly 5 reps. The reason I ask is because should it be where I can do 5 reps with my first set, but my second set is a struggle to complete 5 reps. I hope I was not too confusing. Thanks.

No you don't have to do 5 reps for each set but you should certainly be getting 5 reps on your first set. If you cannot get 5 reps on your next set but can do 3 or 4 then just do another set to get your total of 5 reps in. This is called clustering and is quite common with everyone using HST. The idea is that you are looking at getting to a total number of reps for each movement. Say you are trying for 3 sets in the 5's (total of 15 reps) then you could do something like 5 reps first set then 4 in the next and then two sets of 3 to get your total of 15. The idea is to not go to failure but better to do what as many reps as you can with good form and then just do more sets to get to your total.

Good luck.

Mike

Back