Rest Day

bell559

Hi all,
First post here but have been reading/researching for a bit and have come up with my own HST cycle (going to start next week after ive got my rep max's)

I just wanted to ask how important you think the 1 day rest in-between routine A and routine B is ?

I am looking to go on tuesday,wednesday,REST,friday,REST.

Reckon that will be ok ?

Thanks for any help

Welcome bell599

It is better to keep the rest day constant but I suppose it will not hurt that much to do as you suggest.

If you find yourself overly tired loosing, sleep, restless or any other overtarining symptoms you know it is not working!
wink.gif

I am not certain that any rest days are necessary. My best gains have been when doing two full body workouts per day, 6 days per week. 48 hours is supposed to be the maximum length of time for protein synthesis to completely occur. However, it has not been shown that protein synthesis needs to be complete to maximize gains. Plus, unless you want to be a top competitor, you should fit your workouts into you life schedule, not fit your life around your workouts.

Thanks, all i needed to hear on that
smile.gif

No point starting another post so will ask here..

I read somewhere that some pple skip doing the 15rep set and go onto 10s from the start. Im going to be doing this seeing as my 15 rep start will end up being something stupid like 5kg.

Shall i do a 10,8,5 ? Or maybe 10 for 3 weeks and 5 for 3 weeks?

Any advise is very appreciated

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I read somewhere that some pple skip doing the 15rep set and go onto 10s from the start. Im going to be doing this seeing as my 15 rep start will end up being something stupid like 5kg.

Shall i do a 10,8,5 ? Or maybe 10 for 3 weeks and 5 for 3 weeks?</div>

15's are great for conditioning your joints and even the muscles. I have never skipped them in any of my cycles, and I would not advise a newbie like yourself to skip the 15's. Stick to the standard rep ranges, eat well, and have a good cycle. You can tweak your next cycle.

Back