Restart HST again?

tdsong

Hi everyone...

Since I started back to work late last month, I've not been able to workout like before. I do want to get back to it (and I may have to workout late at night or at 5am), so I'd like to know if I should start back by getting my maxes once again?

Maybe someone has some suggestions on a 30-45 minute HST workout that's doable for my situation with work, church, music, etc.

Thanks for the help!

If time is an issue, stick to an abbreviated routine. I would hit squats, bench and rows. If you have time, add in military press and maybe a set of curls if you like. Do 1 set each during 15s, then 2 sets each during the rest of the cycle... should take less than a half an hour, especially if you superset. Superset squats with military press, bench with rows, or something like that.

Totentanz is right. I'd use a real abbreviated routine, alternate A & B such as:

A: squat, bench, row, press;
B: deadlift, dips, chins, press

Thanks for the response! I wanted to also know if I can replace some of the exercises mention with the ones in the HST method article? Just wanting to make things as simple as I possibly can.

Once I get back on track, I'll send you my routine to review with maxes, reps, etc.

Thanks!

Back