Right and Left Proportion

blowk

Hi All,

This is my first post since joining: I prefer to read what others write than contribute.

Anyway, I just wanted some advice about how to deal with left/ right body disproportion. When I did the old split routines I found it quite easy to integrate an extra workout on my left arm or a few extra reps on my left chest.

How is possible to integrate focus work in a whole body routine? I should mention that I am a HST beginner after a long period out of the gym, having previously done split training.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Do fullbody compounds, then add a couple sets of unilateral isolations for the weak side. Example, DB curls for the weak side, single leg ext for the weak side, db shrugs, db flies, bench, etc. You see where I am going with this.
Just make sure you do all your compounds for your whole body first, then hit the weak side with a little extra. Don't go overboard. I'd spread it out over the week too, so on Monday after my normal workout, I'd do 1-3 sets of a couple uni's for the weak side, then same on Weds and Fri.

Tot is right, pay attention to compounds and hit the weak side a little extra, should pay off!
wink.gif

stick to compounds and use dumbbells. an extra rep or two would prob help even out.

Back