SD after finding max for 1sy cycle??

shahamit

hello guys, i am new to HST. i am gonna start my first cycle. i am yet to find my max for 15 reps. 10 reps n 5 reps.

can i for now just find my 15 rep max n start the cycle without finding 10s n 5s??

is it necessary to SD after finding the maxes??(its not that demanding a workout so why to SD?? ) if yes what is the logic??

Amit

find your 15s mon,10s wed, 5s fri.start back the following mon 9 days of
quote from callkid
4) Strategic Deconditioning
Before each cycle, in order to make the muscles responsive to the light weights in the beginning, a period of 9-14 days is taken off from all training. This reverses some of the effects of the RBE. It allows HST-users to experience rapid and sustainable progress.

This is one of the reasons why newbies experience such great initial gains. They have had such long deconditioning periods. Trained individuals also notice this; when coming off of a planned or unplanned layoff they often experience a renewal of gains.

No offense, but you've already had SD explained to you.

At the START of ANY cycle, you want your muscles as DECONDITIONED AS POSSIBLE.

Muscles that haven't been exposed to a load. Doesn't matter how "difficult" it felt.

Otherwise, you won't gain.

HI, THNX FOR THE REPLY. BUT I AM BACK TO GYM AFTER A YEAR. I JUST HAD TWO LIGHT WORK OUT SESSIONS N THEN I JUST TRIED MY MAX OF 15 REPS. SO CAN I START MY 15 REPS PROGRAMME STRAIGHTAWAY?? DO I NEED TO TAKE SD IN THIS CASE ?? AFTER COMPLETING THIS 2 WEEK CYCLE OF 15 REPS, CAN I FIND MY 10 REPS THEN ?? N THEN 5 REPS ??

AMIT

You need to find your 15 RM, 10 RM and 5 RM before you start your HST cycle. You should SD after finding your RMs.

Time frame:

Find your 15RM, 10RM and 5RM for all exercises.

Take 9-14 days off, NO lifting.

After your last day of SD, start your cycle -this will be your first 15s workout. 15s phase takes 2 weeks.

Start your 10s phase, takes 2 weeks.

Start your 5s phase, takes 2 weeks.

Start your 5RM or post 5s phase.

The whole cycle takes 8 weeks, + the SD time.

hi. thnx for reply. i was goin thru the hst website. there bryan has not mentioned abt taking an sd after find your RM.

n will i be able to continue with the same weight that i tried for my RM after taking an sd??

amit

Yes you will be able to still get your RM after you've worked up to it.

You will most likely be sore for the first 2-3 days, perhaps fill slightly weak, but this will fade and you'll be fine.

Back