SD after Finding Maxes

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_foreverfun
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_foreverfun

How crucial is it to take a week for SD after the week spent finding maxes for 15 10 and 5?

Also, I just finished a cut cycle during which I was doing between 5 and 8 reps max compound exercises. Should I take a week for SD between a cutting cycle and a bulking HST cycle?

Concerning Strategic Deconditioning. Read this carefully, please:
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.info/cgi-bin....;t=4631

The purpose of SD is to make the muscles sensitive again to the light loads of the beginning of a cycle in order to do multiple cycles and continue to grow. Without SD, you will become too resistant to the light loads and eventually to the heavy loads as well. You will reach a plateau where no matter how heavy the weight, no further growth will occur. So, I think SD is critical enough to not skip it.

<div>
(foreverfun @ Aug. 20 2007,01:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Should I take a week for SD between a cutting cycle and a bulking HST cycle?</div>
Yes, you should SD between a cutting cycle and a bulking HST cycle but not necessarily the other way around - ie. unless your body is feeling pretty beaten up and you think a week's rest is called for you can skip SD and go straight into a cutting cycle after a bulk. Generally speaking, you are trying to maintain muscle during a cut, not build it. You can also skip 15s when cutting and go straight to 10s although some of us oldies tend to do a week of 15s as a bit of joint health therapy.

Back