SD: dead?

_.Andrew._

Hi.

A member of an Italian forum, one of the many HIT blind-followers, posted this comment from an English forum:

I believe even Bryan has backed off on the whole SD idea.

by Lile.

Is that true?

And whoever posted that didn't bother to read the rest of the thread where I posted Bryan's response to me, in fewer words, but since this is Bryan's Forum I don't think he'll mind if I actually quote him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Q. Have I loosened my stance on SD?

A. Well, I don't think so. I think what has happened is that people have come to a more realistic understanding of SD. At first, people want to think that you are claiming to have some sort of magic bullet. They are so used to identifying anything "new" as a marketing ploy that they often fail to take new information for what it is.

So, I don't think I have changed my views at all. I think SD is useful in restoring muscle tissues anabolic sensitivity to training. The longer you have been training the more useful it can be.

-bryan

Dan

Yep, pretty much. Don't give a hoot about it.

And to think that last I heard, it seems as if some newer version of HIT is actually getting closer to a "sane" routine, following a few of the principles of HST like more frequent training. (Can't verify that though, not like I actually spend time on HIT, I just remember something mentioned by someone on this board, can't remember where and who though)

Back