SD Length

chickenmonkey05

It says to SD for 7-12 days but if you were using the mon, wed, fri, scheme to find your maxes, won't you need to take 9 days off so you can start workin out on a Monday? or do you take 12 days off and start on a thrusday? won't that mess up your whole mon-wed-fri- secheme?

Yeah, it is 9 days

The 7 day thing is to exemplify one week, look you can do just 7 days if you really want to, but then yes your straight cycle'll be messed up!

Anyway, what is all the fuss about, yoyu can also take off 12 days or more, depending on your intentions and the previous work you were doing!

Have you read Bryan's article properly?

Hello chickenmonkey05  :)
The point here is simple: you can SD for however long you want!  :D
The recommendation is 7-12 days. Given the MWF scheme, yes, anything other than 9 would mess up the scheme. But that's because the MWF scheme isn't a golden rule. So if you have a 5 or 6x a week scheme, or your workout schedule varies a bit because of real world constraints, then yes, any other number than 9 would do. For example, i had to cut my last training week short because i felt an injury coming on and I felt my CNS was getting drained. So i stopped, and had to SD for 12 days so i can start on a Monday.
Can you SD for any longer than 12? Of course! 7-12 isn't a magic number. It's just that SD for 7-12 is generally already enough so that even the 15RM weights can stimulate some hypertrophy again.
Hope this helps. Good luck!  :)

See? No big deal how long you SD. Rovi and OneMoreRep do longer than 7-12 with no problems. Like I said, 7-12 is no magic number.
Well, we just hope we were able to help you out, chickenmonkey05  :D
-JV

On my fourth day of my SD, I was bowling with my buddies and made a bet that loser does 60 pushups and I lost and had to do 70pushups!!!! I failed at 60 and barely did my last 10 with utter exhuastion. Because of that i got sore the next day. What should i do?:confused:?/
butbut.gif
will this funk up my result later on?:confused:?:confused:?:confused:

Hello chickenmonkey05 :)

Well, that's quite a workout, 60 pushups! But no worries. Like all the wise men here said, just SD longer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And work on your bowling skills

Hahaha, yeah, you better do that too chickenmonkey, so next time you SD you can still go bowling and not worry about "funking up" your results
laugh.gif

-JV

Back